Walks to Lulworth and Durdle Door
There are some super walks directly from the Wynards farmhouse. They vary in difficulty and we can give you local advice.
- Five Marys - straight from here across the fields with lovely views.
- Village Trail - a circular walk from here walking along the village Stream and passes very near the shop.
- Moreton - a pretty ford with flat walking through woods. Also a tea Rooms, gardens and church with Laurence Whistler engraved windows.
- Daggers Gate - a very pretty valley close to here. Hilly walking.
- Tyneham- walk down from the old ruined village, vacated during the Second world war, to the beach. Flat easy walk.
- Thornicombe Woods - lovely old woods near Hardy's cottage.Undulating walk.
- Winfrith Heath - Thomas Hardy's Egdon Heath. Different walks over the heath land.
- Lower Bockhampton - walk along the riverside to Stinsford church where Thomas Hardy is buried.
- Water Meadows East Burton- pretty walk over natural water meadows.
We would also recommend when planning your stay, if you are particularly interested in walking the sights and sounds of the Jurrasic coast we can recommend the AA website which has some really good resources for planning walks and is generally well maintained and up to date. The link below, when you click on it will open up a new window showing the AA information available so that you can view this and keep your browser window on our website open as well.